Bulletin: Sunday May 29th 2022

 

WELCOME & ANNOUNCMENTS,       

Lament from Pastor Tim:  The shooting that killed 19 children & 2 adults at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, marks the 27th school shootings with injuries or deaths this year.

This comes just 10 days after a shooting at a Tops supermarket

in Buffalo, N.Y., that took the lives of 10.

According to Education Week, 119 school shootings have taken place since 2018.  U.S. has surpassed 200 mass shootings (4 or more people) this year. 2021 had 693 NPR

 

HYMN:  As the Deer

CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS

GREETING Christ is risen. Christ is risen indeed. Alleluia!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. And also with you.

KYRIE Setting 1- spoken                      

HYMN:  Bind Us Together     

PRAYER O God, form the minds of your faithful people into your one will. Make us love what you command and desire what you promise, that amid all the changes of this world, our hearts may be fixed where true joy is found, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Acts 16:19-34 The owners of a young woman who used her powers to tell fortunes threw Paul and Silas into jail for "healing" her and consequently ruining their business. God then used their imprisonment to bring the jailer and his family to Christ. They seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace before the authorities. When they had brought them before the magistrates, they said, "These men are disturbing our city; they are Jews and are advocating customs that are not lawful for us as Romans to adopt or observe." The crowd joined in attacking them, and the magistrates had them stripped of their clothing and ordered them to be beaten with rods. After they had given them a severe flogging, they threw them into prison and ordered the jailer to keep them securely. Following these instructions, he put them in the innermost cell and fastened their feet in the stocks. About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was an earthquake, so violent that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened. When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors wide open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, since he supposed that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted in a loud voice, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here." The jailer called for lights, and rushing in, he fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them outside and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They answered, "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." They spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. At the same hour of the night he took them and washed their wounds; then he and his entire family were baptized without delay. He brought them up into the house and set food before them; and he and his entire household rejoiced that he had become a believer in God. 

Revelation 22:12-14, 16-17, 20-21 The ascended Christ, hidden from our sight, promises to come again. We eagerly pray "Come, Lord Jesus" with all who respond to this invitation. "See, I am coming soon; my reward is with me, to repay according to everyone's work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they will have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates. "It is I, Jesus, who sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star." The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let everyone who hears say, "Come." And let everyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift. The one who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon. "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen.

HYMN: They’ll Know We Are Christians By Our Love

John 17:20-26 In the life of the church is a unity of mission: to proclaim in word and deed that God loves all people. The unity of this mission finds its source in our union with Christ through word and meal. Jesus prayed: "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. "Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

APOSTLES’ CREED

SERMON                We Thank Lou Williamson for leading us today!

HYMN: Blest Be the Tie That Binds………………………Red 656

OFFERING

PRAYERS, LORD’S PRAYER

BLESSING

HYMN: Thine is the Glory………………………………….Red 376

Go in peace. Share the good news. Thanks be to God. Alleluia!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bulletin: June 19th 2022