January 23rd 2022

 

WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

OPENING HYMNS:  Sanctuary; Spirit of Gentleness Red 396

CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS    Blessed be the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, one God, who forgives all our sin, whose mercy endures forever. Amen. As God's beloved children, let us call to mind our sin and our need for reconciliation with God and one another. 

Strong and faithful God, we confess that we have not lived as your holy people in the world. We have closed our hearts to your love. We have resisted your light. We have failed to proclaim your mercy. Forgive what we have done and what we have left undone, heal us with your abundant grace, and help us walk as children of the light. Amen. In the mercy of almighty God, Jesus Christ was given to die for us, and for his sake God forgives us all our sins. Strengthened by the Holy Spirit, let us serve the Lord in newness of life. Amen.

GREETING

KYRIE- LBW setting 1, spoken

CHILDREN COME FORWARD: O Sing to the Lord….Red 822

PRAYER OF THE DAY Blessed Lord God, you have caused the holy scriptures to be written for the nourishment of your people. Grant that we may hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that comforted by your promises, we may embrace and forever hold fast to the hope of eternal life; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Psalm 119 Happy are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord. Happy are those who keep his decrees, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong,  but walk in his ways. You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. O that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn your righteous ordinances.  I will observe your statutes; do not utterly forsake me. How can young people keep their way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; do not let me stray from your commandments.  I treasure your word in my heart, so that I may not sin against you. Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes. With my lips I declare all the ordinances of your mouth. I delight in the way of your decrees as much  as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts, and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word... How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!..  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God!

 

HYMN: Amazing Grace/Chains Are Gone

 

GOSPEL: Luke 4:14-21 Near the beginning of Jesus' public ministry, he visits his hometown of Nazareth. In the words of Isaiah, he clearly states his purpose and mission. Then Jesus, filled with the power of the Spirit, returned to Galilee, and a report about him spread through all the surrounding country. He began to teach in their synagogues and was praised by everyone. When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." And he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to say to them, "Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." 

        This is the Gospel of our Lord.  Praise to you O Christ!

SERMON

 

HYMN: Precious Lord……………………………………Red 773

 

OFFERING

 

APOSTLES’ CREED

 

PRAYERS, LORD’S PRAYER

 

BENEDICTION

 

HYMN: Lord, Whose in Humble Service Love………….Red 712

 

Go in peace. Share the good news.   Thanks be to God!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bulletin: June 19th 2022