November 27th: Ecumenical Thanksgiving Worship

Welcome to the 2019 Community Thanksgiving Worship"I am the vine, you are the branches"

Welcome First Lutheran Church

Opening Litany  Redeemer Lutheran Church
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. 
God's steadfast love endures forever.  
Give thanks to the Lord and call upon his name. 
Make known God's deeds among the peoples!
God blesses us with gifts of love: 
With food and clothing, home and family.  
God blesses us with daily work: 
And all we need from day to day.
God protects us in time of danger: 
And guards us from every evil.
God calls us into relationship with him: 
And forms us into one holy people, the Church of Jesus Christ.
Therefore shall we offer thanks and praise to the Lord our God. 
O Lord our God, we will give thanks to you forever.  

"In This Very Room" Community Choir

Hymn: "Praise to the Lord" (green 543, with brass)

Come to the Table with Grapes (to be shared)
We come to the table of "Holy Communion," united in Jesus' love.

John 15:1 St. Joseph Catholic Church
Jesus said, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me.

Karar Dancers

Hymn: "Gather Us In" (red 532)

"Abide With Me" Our Savior's Lutheran Church Choir

Come to the Table with Bread
We come to the table of "The Lord's Supper," receiving the body of Christ.

"Bow the Knee" First Lutheran Church Choir

John 15:5 Congregational Church
I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Hymn: "Blest Are They" (red 728)

"Do Lord" Neighbors United in Christ Ukulele Choir

John 15:8 East Immanuel Lutheran Church
My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. As the Father as loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.

Come to the Table with Wine
We come to the table of "The Last Supper," receiving the forgiving blood of Christ.

"Yes and Amen" Neighbors United in Christ Choir

John 15:12 Deronda Lutheran Church
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father. You did no choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask him in my name. I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another.

Karar Dancers 

Come to the Table with Thankful Hearts and Blessings
We come to the table of "Eucharist," to offer thanks and praise.
Balsam Lutheran Church

Hymn: "Joyful, Joyful" (green 551, with brass)

Offerings: Music/Prayer, Pr. Craig & Delane Jorgenson, New Life Church

Come to the Table with Nothing to Offer, Realizing that we are the guests. Jesus is the host.
Jesus is the host. We come to the table of the "Foretaste of the Feast to Come."

Isaiah 25  Trinity Lutheran Church
O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you, I will praise your name. On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wines, of rich food filled with marrow, of well-aged wines strained clear. And he will destroy the shroud that is cast over all peoples, he will swallow up death forever. Then the Lord God will wipe away the tears from all faces, and the disgrace of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken. It will be said on that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, so that he might save us. This is the Lord for whom we have waited; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Come to the Table: Jesus' Words and Meal
All are welcome to the table for meal or blessing.

Lord's Prayer (sung)

Hymn: "Let Us Break Bread Together" (green 212)

"The Bird's Song" By R. Vaughan Williams. Amy Stender, East Immanuel Lutheran Church

Hymn: "Blest be the Tie that Binds" (green 370)

Music St. Joseph Catholic Church Choir

Closing Prayer Our Savior's Lutheran Church

Presentation of the Painting Pr. Paul Oman

Benediction & Sending 


Comments